Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Self Portrait

My self portrait contains a picture of myself somewhat distorted, however the choice of colors and images chosen reflect the type of person I am. The background is  full of vibrate colors that are raining down through a dark surface. I made the colors look as if they were paint dripping from the top of a paper or canvas. These colors represent my passion and interest for art. I also included a scene from my hometown, the pier. This pier represents my lifestyle in California. This pier was very close to my old job and also a place where my friends and I would go to relax. The pier symbolizes memories. I placed a tree in the left side of my portrait to show the idea of constant change. Trees are always morphing into something different, whether it's through seasons or growing older, and I feel that this is similar to path that my life is going. This is my first time using photoshop so if I could change anything I would add more visuals that would represent me, and make the picture look more cluttered opposed to plain and simple.




No comments:

Post a Comment